Ocean Choice International (Ocean Choice) is presently accepting applications for a Vessel Maintenance Supervisor as part of our Atlantic Fleet Operations Group located in the St. John’s Office.
Reporting to the Fleet Technical Manager, the Vessel Maintenance Supervisor will work side-by-side with the Operations Managers and the Fleet Technical Advisor to perform their duties with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy. The main requirements and responsibilities for the Vessel Maintenance Supervisor will be, but are not limited to any combination of the following:
- Sound understanding of Factory Freezer Trawler (FFT) operations.
- Strong engineering knowledge of FFT systems, including; refrigeration, factory automation / factory equipment and processes, propulsion plant, electrical systems, fishing equipment systems (e.g. winches, etc.), safety equipment and hotel systems.
- Strong understanding of regulatory inspections from Transport Canada Marine Safety (TCMS) and class society.
- Knowledge of safe working regulations as applied to marine operations and using sub-contractors.
- Ability to work with preventative maintenance program.
- Ability to prioritize, estimate and manage contractors, engineering staff and work schedules.
- Willingness to step in and do hands on work where required.
- Ability to travel as there could be assigned tasks outside the Atlantic fleet as required.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate:
- Recognized Certificate of Training in the marine or mechanical field.
- Proven experience in organizing and managing maintenance work.
- Team player and ability work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- Strong computer proficiency including excel, word, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and electrical schematics.
Combination of education and experience will also be considered.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Ocean Choice offers an excellent benefit package, including health and pension plans.
Please apply in confidence to [email protected] or mail them to the address below, on or before September 6, 2019. No Phone calls please!
Apply in writing to:
Ocean Choice International
Attn: Human Resources
1315 Topsail Road
P.O Box 8190
St. John’s, NL
Fax: (709) 368-2260
Ocean Choice International is an equal opportunity employer.