Ocean Choice International (Ocean Choice) is one of Atlantic Canada’s most diversified seafood companies, producing and marketing a full range of shellfish, groundfish and pelagic species. We market our seafood all over the world, but it wouldn’t happen without our people working right here at home. At Ocean Choice “Fishing Means the World to Us”.
Ocean Choice is currently accepting applications for the position of Second Engineer for our new vessel Calvert.
Applicants with the following qualifications will be considered:
- Valid Class 3 Motor Ticket or greater.
- Marine Emergency Duties or Domestic Vessel Safety Certificate.
- Valid Transport Canada Seafarer’s Marine Medical Certificate.
- Extensive factory freezer/trawler fishing experience.
- Knowledge of amonia refrigeration systems and Rolls Royce winch systems.
- Experience with preventative maintenance software. In particular MxSuite.
- Valid Code of Conduct.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with vessel technical operations, including specific tasks and all other duties delegated by the Chief Engineer.
- Capable of identifying failures, developing worklists, and carrying out preventative maintenance schedules.
- Safely and efficiently operate machinery systems and apply safety policies.
- Understand, operate and trouble-shoot the ship’s electrical assets.
- Execute any and all scheduled and corrective maintenance on the ship’s assets.
- Perform metal fabrication and machine work when required, including the use of lathe, welding equipment and other similar equipment.
- Keep records as required by ship standards, including logs, safety documents and other records as required or assigned.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels and ordering critical spares.
- Promote a safe, courteous atmosphere and strive to make improvements in a professional manner.
- Work trip on/trip off rotation, as well as working in port with members of the opposite rotation.
Ocean Choice is a 100% family-owned and operated Newfoundland and Labrador company with over 1700 employees throughout our Province. We operate 5 plants in rural Newfoundland and we annually acquire fish and related products from over 1900 independent fishermen and women. We are a vertically integrated seafood harvesting, processing, and marketing organization with sales offices around the world.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Interested individuals should apply, in writing on or before, Sunday, October 27, 2019 to:
Fax 709-368-2260 or by mail to:
Ocean Choice International
1315 Topsail Road
P.O. Box 8190
St. John’s, NL
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER