Ocean Choice International (Ocean Choice) is one of Atlantic Canada’s most diversified seafood companies, sustainable producing and marketing a full range of shellfish, groundfish and pelagic species. All of this would not happen without our people working right here at home. At Ocean Choice we’re all about families, connected to each other and our communities.
We are currently accepting applications for a dynamic, high performing leader with a proven track record for effectively managing production and personnel for the position of Plant Manager at our processing facility in Fortune, Newfoundland and Labrador. This facility produces redfish, cod and flatfish for markets around the world.
Operating in a fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will be accountable for all aspects of plant performance, and will ensure objectives are attainted in a cost-effective manner. The Plant Manager should also possess strong coaching skills, have the ability to collaborate with senior
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university, or four to ten years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a food-related field.
- Proven managerial experience with the ability to effectively lead teams and projects to accomplish goals and objectives; and effectively address and resolve personnel issues.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to multi-task while maintaining a positive attitude.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is available including health and pension plans.
Interested candidates should apply, in writing, to [email protected] or mail resumes on or before October 21, 2019.
Ocean Choice International
Attention: Human Resources
1315 Topsail Road
St. John’s, NL
Ocean Choice is an equal opportunity employer with a competitive compensation and benefits package.