Ocean Choice International (Ocean Choice) is a family owned and operated Newfoundland Company. We are one of Atlantic Canada’s most diversified seafood companies, sustainability producing and marketing a full range of shellfish, groundfish and pelagic species. All of this would not happen without our people working right here at home. At Ocean Choice we’re all about families, connected to each other and our communities.
We are currently accepting applications for reliable, team players to join our seafood processing plant in Fortune. On the job training will be provided to successful candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and operating groundfish processing equipment to process and package seafood in accordance with operating procedures for safety and quality.
- Sorting, cleaning, cutting and packaging seafood in accordance with product specifications.
- Maintaining your work area and equipment in conformity with Company Policies and Practices of hygiene and safety.
Qualities and Skills:
- Physically fit to work in a processing environment requiring periods of extended standing and the ability to lift and move product for processing.
- Ability to carry out repetitive work in a face-paced environment.
- Good hand-eye co-ordination and attention to detail.
- Reliable to report to work as scheduled.
Our Fortune plant processes a range of groundfish, including redfish and yellowtail flounder from both the inshore and offshore, employing over 100 people from Fortune and surrounding communities.
Positions offer competitive rates in a unionized workplace.
Interested candidates should apply, in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail resumes on or before Friday, February 26, 2021.
Ocean Choice International
Attention: Human Resources
1315 Topsail Road
St. John’s, NL A1B 3N4
Ocean Choice is an equal opportunity employer.