Ocean Choice International (Ocean Choice) is one of Atlantic Canada’s most diversified seafood companies, sustainability producing and marketing a full range of shellfish, groundfish and pelagic species. All of this would not happen without our people working right here at home. At Ocean Choice we’re all about families, connected to each other and our communities.
We are currently accepting applications for dynamic, high performing self-motivated personnel, who are interested in a career in the fishing industry for the Factory Worker positions on our new state-of-the-art groundfish vessel, Calvert.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Valid Transport Canada Seafarer’s Medical, Marine Emergency Duties (minimum A1 or DVS) and a valid Passport.
- Preference will be given to individuals with a Fishing Master’s Classification or Bridge Watch Certificate.
- Fork lift training considered an asset.
- Take instructions and supervision from the Factory Supervisor.
- Responsible for sorting and inspecting various species as well as operating the heading and gutting machinery.
- Accountable for loading and unloading of the product in freezers (must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds).
- Responsible for the weighing, packaging and labelling of processed fish products.
- Handling of product both on the factory floor, including the loading of pallets and organizing stored product in the cargo hold.
- Capable of understanding the different species of fish once introduced by the Factory Supervisor.
- Ability to operate various fish processing factory equipment.
- Participate in factory clean up as needed throughout the trip and at the end of trip.
- Participate in required safety drills and training; and actively participate in factory safety meetings.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate understanding of Ocean Choice’s quality assurance standards and operate within these standards to guarantee the highest quality of product produced onboard the vessel.
- Work trip on, trip off rotation as well as working in port with members of the opposite rotation.
- Must be capable of working in -30Co temperatures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is available, including health and pension plans.
Interested candidates should apply, in writing, to [email protected] or mail resumes on or before Friday, January 10, 2020.
Ocean Choice International
Attention: Human Resources
1315 Topsail Road
St. John’s, NL
Ocean Choice is an equal opportunity employer with a competitive compensation and benefits package.