Ocean Choice International (Ocean Choice) is one of Atlantic Canada’s most diversified seafood companies, sustainability producing and marketing a full range of shellfish, groundfish and pelagic species. All of this would not happen without our people working right here at home. At Ocean Choice we’re all about families, connected to each other and our communities.
We are currently accepting applications for dynamic, high performing leaders with proven track records for effectively managing production and personnel for the Factory Supervisor positions on our new state-of-the- art groundfish vessel, Calvert.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Must have a Valid Transport Canada Seafarer’s Medical and Marine Emergency Duties (minimum A1 or DVS).
- Extensive knowledge of Ocean Choice’s quality programs, Canadian Food Inspection Agency regulations and record keeping capabilities in accordance with the company’s efficiency and quality standards.
- Comprehensive mechanical knowledge of all equipment, including ability to adjust and maintain factory equipment in order to ensure all product specifications are met and consistent production flow.
- Basic knowledge of PLC controlled machinery and willingness to further one’s knowledge in factory automation.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of factory flow as it relates to product movement throughout each stage of production.
- Familiarity with and ability to effectively operate interactive displays for factory equipment.
- Proven managerial experience with the ability to effectively lead teams and projects to accomplish goals and objectives; and effectively address and resolve personnel issues.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with health and safety, company policies, quality assurance, hygiene and documentation.
- Participate in and/or lead the training of new employees.
- Strong understanding of company products and specifications.
- Capable of managing product costs (efficient use of packaging materials, chemicals, etc.), time, quality and labelling of finished product.
- Strong knowledge and usage of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Foster and maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Ability to work cargo in -30Co temperatures.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is available, including health and pension plans.
Interested candidates should apply, in writing, to [email protected] or mail resumes on or before Friday, January 10, 2020.
Ocean Choice International
Attention: Human Resources
1315 Topsail Road
St. John’s, NL
Ocean Choice is an equal opportunity employer with a competitive compensation and benefits package.