Ocean Choice International (Ocean Choice) is one of Atlantic Canada’s most diversified seafood companies, sustainability producing and marketing a full range of shellfish, groundfish and pelagic species. All of this would not happen without our people working right here at home. At Ocean Choice we’re all about families, connected to each other and our communities.
We are currently accepting applications for dynamic, highly skilled and innovative individuals for the Factory Mechanic positions on our new state-of-the-art groundfish vessel, Calvert.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Engine Room Rating or Engine Room Assistant or greater.
- Valid Transport Canada Seafarer’s Medical, Marine Emergency Duties (minimum A1 or DVS) and a valid Passport.
- Extensive knowledge of factory freezer trawler operations and fishing equipment.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with vessel technical operations, including specific tasks and all other duties delegated by the Chief Engineer.
- Make on the fly mechanical repairs and replacements in the vessels processing factory to maintain consistency in the factory as it pertains to production and throughput.
- Ability to identify failures, develop worklists and carry-out preventative maintenance schedules.
- Safely and efficiently operate machinery systems and apply safety policies.
- Understand, operate and trouble-shoot the ships electrical assets.
- Execute all scheduled and corrective maintenance on the ships assets.
- Perform metal fabrication and machine work when required, including the use of lathe, welding equipment and other similar equipment.
- Keep records as required by ship standards, including logs, safety documents and other records as required or assigned.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels and ordering critical spares.
- Promote a safe, courteous atmosphere and strive to make improvements in a professional manner.
- Work trip on, trip off rotation as well as working in port with members of the opposite rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is available, including health and pension plans.
Interested candidates should apply, in writing, to [email protected] or mail resumes on or before Friday, January 10, 2020.
Ocean Choice International
Attention: Human Resources
1315 Topsail Road
St. John’s, NL
Ocean Choice is an equal opportunity employer with a competitive compensation and benefits package.