Ocean Choice International (Ocean Choice) is one of Atlantic Canada’s most diversified seafood companies, sustainability producing and marketing a full range of shellfish, groundfish and pelagic species. All of this would not happen without our people working right here at home. At Ocean Choice we’re all about families, connected to each other and our communities.
We are currently accepting applications for dynamic, high performing team leaders with proven track records in effectively managing a ships galley for the Cook positions on our new state-of-the-art groundfish vessel, Calvert.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Valid Marine Cooking Certificate or equivalent training and experience.
- Valid Transport Canada Seafarer’s Medical, Marine Emergency Duties (minimum A1 or DVS) and a valid Passport.
- Effectively manage the galley and mess area on board the vessel, including but not limited to:
- Food inventory management;
- Crew meal planning; and
- Cleanliness and general organization of the galley and mess area.
- Manage onboard stores (i.e. slop chest), maintain inventory management and cost control records.
- Prepare all meals and lunches/snacks for the crew, including but not limited to baking bread, pastries and desserts.
- Ensure all food preparation and storage is in compliance with Health Canada standards.
- Understand and comply with company and regulatory Environment Canada policies regarding waste disposal.
- Assist with loading and offloading food and other supplies pertaining to the galley.
- Responsible for cleaning the kitchen area, equipment and tools after each meal to meet sanitation standards.
- In charge of cleaning and restocking common areas of the vessel.
- Encourage and foster good relationships with all crew members.
- Capable of working trip on, trip off rotations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is available, including health and pension plans.
Interested candidates should apply, in writing, to [email protected] or mail resumes on or before Friday, January 10, 2020.
Ocean Choice International
Attention: Human Resources
1315 Topsail Road
St. John’s, NL
Ocean Choice is an equal opportunity employer with a competitive compensation and benefits package.