Ocean Choice International (Ocean Choice) is one of Atlantic Canada’s most diversified seafood companies, sustainably producing and marketing a full range of shellfish, groundfish and pelagic species. All of this would not happen without our people working right here at home. At Ocean Choice we’re all about families, connected to each other and our communities.
We are currently accepting applications for a dynamic, highly skilled and innovative individual for the position of Crewing Coordinator to join our St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador location.
Reporting to the Crewing Manager, the Crewing Coordinator will perform their duties with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy, and will be responsible for the following:
- Managing crew deployments and logistics for all vessels.
- Preparing and maintaining all crew lists, crew member certificates and other personnel files.
- Assisting in the hiring, screening and completion of documentation for all new crew members.
- Ensuring crew information is accurate and up to date for payroll and insurance benefits.
- Assisting with the identification and implementation of crew training requirements.
- Contributing and participating in Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) matters in compliance with the Company’s OH&S policies.
- Responding to potential new crew and current crew inquiries.
- In conjunction with operations managers, ensure the vessel meets all safe manning requirements.
- Performing MxSuite data-entry, accurate record keeping and invoice distribution.
- Undertaking additional administration projects as required.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
The successful candidate should have at least 5 years similar experience in offshore crewing in Canada, preferably within the offshore fishing industry. The individual thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a solutions-focused mindset. Working knowledge of unionized environments and familiarity with collective agreements is considered an asset. The Crewing Coordinator must be available to work evenings and weekends, on a rotational basis.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is available, including health and pension plans.
Interested candidates should apply, in writing, to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail resumes on or before Friday, February 19th, 2021.
Ocean Choice International
Attention: Human Resources
1315 Topsail Road
St. John’s, NL A1B 3N4
Ocean Choice is an equal opportunity employer with a competitive compensation and benefits package.